Wednesday, September 12, 2012

C'est la vie in Hawai'i

Cody and I were able to go to the Laie Hawaii Temple this last Saturday.  It was a really wonderful experience.  The temple is absolutely gorgeous- inside and out.  We were also able to participate in some sealing ordinances for married couples who didn't get the chance in this life- I'm glad we can help in this work.


The thing that I love about Hawaii is that when it rains, it's not depressing.  Anywhere else it feels gloomy- but it randomly rains here when the sun is shining.  All of the sudden it will be down pouring, and ten minutes later it will be like it never happened.  There are several times I am on campus and it decides to rain randomly (every day- all the time)  This is me in such a down pour- it's hard to tell it's raining- but it definitely is!


A sign in one of my classrooms stated: "Keep windows closed because of cats".  There are lots of stray kitties on campus.  Here is one that was just chillin' in the tree.


Cody took the following picture in honor of my Grandpa Carl.  In the Ala Moana mall parking lot, there are parking spaces reserved for electric cars, and have the hook up to recharge.  Pretty cool to see how the world is starting to change!



No comments:

Post a Comment