Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Fall Football n' Stuff


I would hardly call sweating at a sunny football game in 80 degree weather a “fall” football game, but that is what a college football game feels like in Hawaii.  The Aloha Stadium, where all UH’s football games are played at, is at a very inconvenient location.  It is about a 45 minute-1 hour bus ride away from the campus.  It’s no wonder not many students come out to support- not to mention their current record.


Anyway, Cody did want to go to at least one football game this year, and he wanted it to be the Boise State game.  Last Saturday we made the trek out there to watch the game.  The first 3 minutes of the game were awesome!  BSU scored right away- but right after they kicked off a UH player caught it and ran the whole field for a touchdown.  We, the fans, were all so pumped.   Random people were giving high fives all around- it was a blast!  Too bad it didn’t keep up that way the rest of the time.
Needless to say the warriors got crushed. (49-14)  We had a good time though.  It was a fun atmosphere to be in.  I enjoyed watching the cheerleaders with all their flips and stunts (they’re actually really good! I was impressed) The concessions were kind of fun as well.  Only in Hawaii can you get steak luau plates and garlic fries at a football game.




After a couple of difficult weeks, Cody and I have been showered with many blessings. (There are rainbows after rain after all)
I won a drawing for a contest Cody and I were trying to win.  (Round trip tickets to go! airlines, basically flight to any Hawaiian island) So we are planning a trip now to the Big Island.  I am so excited!

In honor of my birthday a couple of weeks ago, I was finally able to go on my shopping spree, and unfortunately shopping is something that makes me feel better- no matter how vain and materialistic that may sound.

Cody also won a gift card to Barnes N' Noble from a Korean speech contest he participated in.  He bought a board game, Settlers of Catan: portable edition.  He is so excited.  It was so cute to watch him come home, immediately unwrap it and pull out the instructions and all the game pieces.  It's a boy thing I don't understand, but think is mighty cute.


As time is flying by, with Thanksgiving around the corner and moving to Korea before we know it, we are trying to live the spirit of mahalo and aloha.




No comments:

Post a Comment