Cody and I had a great long weekend! One of my new friends from the ward had a groupon for a catamaran ride and couldn't go at the last minute, so she offered it to me and Cody. I was so excited! This is something I have always wanted to do, but did not think it would be feasible so soon.
My favorite part was just being on the water. Something about the ocean soothes me. Whether it is Waikiki beach, or the bay by Verrazzano Bridge in NYC, I love the ocean. It was amazing to see how blue the water was! I have never seen such vivid shades of blue!
In the shallow water, the blue is like a pretty blue-green color.
When you get deeper though, the blue is such a crisp, vivid, navy color. It's awesome!
(And the lighting was SO good for pictures!)
Cody's favorite part of the boat ride was finally seeing a sea turtle- now he wants to swim with one!
Here's our captain. Hope he wasn't driving with his feet the entire time!
SURFING. I wanna go so bad. Sigh.
That was Saturday. For Monday, Labor Day, we woke up early and took the bus to Hanauma Bay to go snorkeling again. It wasn't crowded, which made it even more awesome.
Then later we met up with some friends at the beach for a BBQ. One of the guys goes spear fishing, and they BBQ'ed some of his catches. I was kind of grossed out to find one of the fishes I was eating (Parrotfish) was one of the ones I was swimming with and admiring earlier. (I am so surprised I am not completely vegetarian)
We had a really good time. We also got to witness a Hawaiian Monk seal. They are on the endangered list and apparently really rare to see just lying on the beach like this:
In conclusion, Cody and I feel like we're livin' the dream... Catamaran ride in the gorgeous Pacific blue, snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, and BBQ at the beach with friends. That's the life!



I love the pics :)
ReplyDelete