Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Instagram Breakdown

For those of you who don't have instagram, I am going to share a couple of my most recent photos and the explanations behind them.

This photo was taken by Cody from our apartment window.  It is a picture of me running along the Ala Wai Canal.  The reason I had him take this was so I could use the caption "on the run."

My awesome mother-in-law is a pilates instructor at Apple Athletic Club, and they are doing an instagram photo challenge this month.  Basically every day in October there is a caption ("hashtag") that you try to share a picture that relates to the caption of that day.  For example, on October 1st, the caption was #seizetheday.  For October 3rd, it was #ontherun.  If you want to know more you can go to this link:

http://www.applepilates.blogspot.com/2012/09/insta-fun-31-day-photo-challenge.html

You totally don't have to be a member of Apple Athletic Club to participate.  It's just lots of fun!  I encourage you to try to do it if you can!  And if you don't have instagram, I highly encourage you to look into it.  I LOVE it.


The story behind this next picture makes me a proud wifey!
A couple weeks ago, someone published an opinion article in the university's school newspaper, basically attacking the fact that both political candidates are including God and religion in their platforms (don't quote me on that, but basically the writer did not think God should play a role in American governing)
Cody felt like he needed to voice his opinion and he could not just sit back.  He wrote this letter to the editor article in response, and was published!

You can access the full article here at:
http://www.kaleo.org/opinion/letter-to-the-editor/article_c73178fc-0b75-11e2-acd3-001a4bcf6878.html

My favorite part of his article was the last crowning sentences:
The beauty of a democracy is that individuals can express these views in public and political spheres without fearing that the right to freedom of expression will be taken away. It is the diversity and peaceful interaction of these views that makes the political experience in the United States unique and meaningful for her citizens.

Speaking of links: I am to direct you to Cody's website www.koreanfamilyhistory.org

The process of making this website has been a long process and will still continue to develop, but the goal of his website is an easily accessible resource where Koreans in particularly can learn more of their family history and the "how to's".

Korea korea korea.  I can't believe it's already October, and in 3 months Cody and I will be there.  Where does time go? That is the life long question.

1 comment: