One of the first questions I ask locals is where is the best place to go on the island. Most of the time I hear Makapu'u. Cody and I were finally able to go this last Saturday.
We went originally for the tide pools. It was lots of fun to see the little sea critters, and to get splashed by the water hitting the rocks. Here is a peculiar guy we found. Still don't know what it is.
It was the funnest thing ever! I can't describe it in words, but there was something addictively fun being moved with the waves. And the water is so warm and clear, you almost feel like you're in a pool (but Seven Peaks wave pool's got nothin' on this!)
We want to get a body board now to really body surf. We had such a blast, we ended up staying for 3 more hours.
And just in case you're wondering, Cody and I are already planning our next trip back.
------------
I have made friends with a girl from Korea who is here on exchange. She was telling me about a restaurant where the soup she had was better than her mom's. That's a very big compliment about the restaurant. Cody and I had to try it- because it is rare to have Korean food in America that meets Cody's standards- and it did just that. It's called Chodang and it is "legitimately" Korean.
So grateful to be here in Hawaii- dreams do come true!
No comments:
Post a Comment